Monday, August 18, 2008

death came a knocking...I was not prepared

Death is inevitable.

But the grief that accompanies it is so overwhelming and unexpected, its frightening.

Today I do not write about the wrongs of the country or the world, the stupidity of politicians and our elected representatives, the impending battle at Permatang Pauh, or the loss of the Olympic Badminton gold.

On Thursday morning, my blackberry died on me. Again. So I whined and I griped about it. And then I received news about my aunt's death and suddenly everything seemed unimportant. Suddenly all my troubles seem miniscule.

Today, I mourn and grieve the loss of a wonderful woman. A mentor, an aunt, and above all a great human being.

Today I am reminded that sometimes, life is much too short to be concentrating on the things that should not affect us, yet we allow them to.

I am reminded that we should choose to be happy. Always.

I am reminded that just by choosing to see the best in everybody, my aunt was such a joy to be around with. She never criticised, she never judged. She accepted and she embraced us as we all are.

Sometimes, it takes a death to remind us of the things in life that cannot be seen but felt. Joy, Love and Sorrow.

3 comments:

Donplaypuks® said...

I do not know you but perhaps this might help to ease the pain.

Do not stand at my grave and weep -1932
A famous inspirational poem, prayer, and bereavement verse
(writen by Mary Elizabeth Frye)

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

The Zik said...

My condolences. May memories of her forever lives within your heart, never to be forgotten.

kong yoke said...

Hey...sorry to read about this. My condolences...hugs!