Thursday, October 01, 2009

PDRM- two thumbs up!

Yesterday I went to the MidValley Megamall Police station to assist my friend in making a report. The details as to why we were there are insignificant, but the story as to how this L/KPL Asvin 107202 ended up calling me "perempuan gila" and threatened to arrest me, its quite a story.

As we walked into the police station, Ms. Asvin was chatting away on the phone while an old uncle was seated in front of her. This went on for 5 minutes. She then proceeded to end the call, made some small talk with the uncle and he proceeded to leave. She did not ask us why we were there nor did she acknowledge our presence. So, I went up to her and made the enquiries. She asked two half hearted questions and then proceeded to make a phone call on her mobile. She then continued to chat until I took her details down on a piece of paper. This was of course done on purpose in front of her.

As soon as she saw me doing that, she ended her call and shouted "APA PASAL YOU AMBIL NO SAYA?"
To which I replied "kenapa tak boleh?" The, actually no, HER madness then began.

She yelled AT me " you tak nampak saya bergayut atas telefon ke? Sekarang saya tolong you buat repot la!"
To which I said "saya memang nampak you borak atas telefon, walaupun ada dua orang duduk depan Puan untuk buat Repot."

To which she yells "You jangan ajar saya macam mana saya nak buat kerja ah!"
I replied that I was not in any way teaching her how to do her job, however I would have expected her to be more professional. And this of course incurred her wrath. She then threatened to ARREST me as I "maki hamun" her. Here she was yelling at me at the top of my voice, threatening to arrest me, saying that I "buat her angin". *followed by
pointing her finger to her temple*

I then gently reminded her that I was aware of my rights as I was practising as a lawyer and that if she insisted on arresting me for whatever reason, it would be her right to do so. The "lawyer" word further fanned her already burning anger (which would have scorched our faces had we been seated next to her) and she retorted "OH so you sangat berpelajaran la?! Saya sudah 20 tahun service tau!"

Now, as I cannot deny that I was "berpelajaran" (because I am honest that way) I nodded and said "Ya Puan, memang saya berpelajaran."

She then yells "Oh, jadi berpelajaran boleh biadap macam you la! Kurang ajar! You jangan tunjuk lagak di sini ah!" ( I swear her eyes were bulging out and would pop out at any minute)

At this point, I could no longer tolerate her bad behaviour and so I remarked " wah, dua puluh tahun service tapi masih duduk belakang counter ambil repot saja ka?"

She then picked up the phone to ask for security and said "Ada PEREMPUAN GILA di sini."

There was further yelling of how lawyers are always taking down police's particulars to complain and how I was very rude and lacked manners. I also reminded her that I was NOT the one doing all the yelling. She then proceeded to chase me out of the police station. I refused to budge and reminded her that " ini tempat awam untuk orang awam buat repot, kenapa saya tak boleh duduk sini?" Inflamed to the point of her cheeks turning a bright red, she told me to get off the chair and sit somewhere else. I of course refused and remain seated on
the chair in front of her.

10 minutes later (and followed by a lot of yelling on her part and amusement on my part)the security she called for arrived (funny how a police woman would need the shopping complex security to arrest me)
Security was represented by a rotund lady who came in asking what the problem was.Of course by the time this lady arrived Ms. Asvin had already calmed down a little and started processing my friend's report.

She then told my friend, "saya punya details sini kalau dia mau adu.Saya tak kisah pun."
It is funny how for a person who "tak kisah" she sure threw a big hissy fit when I took down her particulars.

At the end of the day, with the report in hand, we left the police station with two sets of eyes glaring and burning a big hole on my back.

PDRM Tagline:-
MESRA, CEPAT dan BETUL.
TEGAS, ADIL DAN BERHEMAH.


What a joke.

2 comments:

d_sticks@hotmail.com said...

hahahha..... Police Raja Di Malaysia laaaa... :P

-D

sugar_cupcakes said...

Seriously... this was soooo funny!! PDRM... thanks for sharing! :p