Friday, January 11, 2008

When Parents Fail &Children Suffer

You know what pisses me off more than people who do not understand touch & go REALLY means TOUCH AND GO and not touch, look for appropriate place to place t&g card, check reflection in mirror after touching card on panel, wind up window, put car into P and then finally after 5 painful minutes, Go? Stupid Parents.Stupid Parents piss me off more than those T&G retards.

So, like what is up with stupid parents that Piss me off big time? Its bad enough that parents who can hardly make ends meet decide that they want to make their lives much harder by having MORE children(and then whining that they cannot take care of them because, SURPRISE, SURPRISE, they have no money) they then also decide that, I will allow my children to roam free and play in flood waters eventhough I know it is dangerous and they might drown. AND, they also decide, you know what? Eventhough there is a psycho-freak-murderer-rapist roaming around my area abducting children(sometimes raping AND killing them), I will allow my child of 5yrs go to the playground 200m from my house all by her lonesome self, oh sorry, accompanied by an 8 yr old, to go play.

After all, like what ARE the chances of her being abducted? Eventhough she is at the age which fits exactly into the profile of the type of children he likes to abduct, or that she is young and is easily swayed into following a stranger to "help look for cats" or that she is watched over by an oh-so-much-older sister aged 8, she IS, you know, only 2oom from the house and my eyes can see beyond my front gates, bend AND look into the playground and keep a watchful eye over her!OKAY APA!

When I see a teary eyed parent holding a picture of the abducted girl with a puzzled look of "eh?why?how?", all I want to do is march right up to her, slap her around and when no one is looking, jab her in the eyes, and then ask her, what are you STUPID?

Ok, so many of you are thinking, MAYBE she did not read the newspaper reports on the other missing girl? MAYBE she was too busy and did not notice that her children have gone out to play? Maybe, Maybe Maybe. The only maybe I can think of is, MAYBE they are just stupid. MAJORLY OVERLY DUMB.
Nurin Jazlin did not make it to major newspapers? Even if you did not READ about it, you would have definitely HEARD about it from your neighbours? Like AS IF kay-poh-chee-ness is not a culture in Malaysia. Please. When a car stops at the side of the road, every damn car on the highway stops or slows don to check out whether there was an accident and whether there is somebody lying dead on the road. Even if you did not HEAR about Nurin, you would have known that another girl from within the same housing area was abducted just a few days ago? Like HELLO? SAME AREA? Not another state or another country or even another part of town, but in KAMPUNG MEDAN ITSELF?

God. The stupidity of these parents just get to me. While I pity the fact that the girl has been abducted and hopefully found unharmed and safely returned to her (dumbass) parents, I do NOT pity parents who negligently allow their children to be out and about when they know there are psychos roaming the streets.

Sure, a lot of us have the feminist movement thoughts of why can't I go out and night without the fear of being raped? Why must I curb my nocturnal activities just because there are psycho rapists roaming the streets? Why must I sacrifice my lifestyle? WHY?
Why cant the police roam the streets and be more effective in catching the bad guys?
Why cant I wear short miniskirt with a plunging top and roam Chow Kit without being harrassed by perverts?
These perverts should control themselves!

Yeah, why?

Cos the police cannot be at every damn place at every damn time idiot. And besides,a majority of them have car,home and Courts Mammoth loans to clear, so they cannot be roaming the streets to catch villains, they have to jump out of bushes to catch motorists speeding and make some money out of it.

And because the human mind is something which cannot be dissected and understood for sure. Because some people are just born criminals. Because while we should be allowed to live life the way we want it, we should also take precautions.

Of course it only makes sense that if you wear a mini dress with hooker heels in say, MidValley, you would never expect perverts to do things to you. Or if you are an Air Asia stewardess, you can damn well wear what uniform you want when you are serving in the plane because the environment is a safe and secure environment. But if you were to say, be roaming alone in Petaling Street dressed as such, it only makes sense that you are attacting perverts to DO something dont you?Come on. Its like shouting I LOVE MANCHESTER UNITED in Liverpool.

Of course I am not going so far as to say we INVITE them to rape us. Or sexually harrass us. I am just saying, you have to be smart. You have to assess the situation. The world is no longer a safe place. Its undeniable.

Yeah, call me old fashioned. Yeah call me anti-feminist. Call me whatever you like. I am going to take precautions and I rather be unharmed and un-feminist.

I digress. And I digressed quite a bit.

So back to stupid parents. Sometimes I sit and wonder, is there a aptitude or IQ test for couples before they are allowed to have children?

I wish there were.

Then at least children will be safe from the stupidity of their parents.

1 comment:

Sweetiepie said...

Hi there,
I agree with you. I sometimes wonder whether these people are aware of what is going on with all the 'missing children' coverage on tv, posters, house to house search. Don't they know how grave the matter is.

I live in pantai dalam area which is not that far from kampung medan where sharlinie went missing. Parents there don't seem to care. I see them busy frying banana fritters by the roadside leaving their children unattended a few metres away beyond their sight.

Everytime on the way home late at night 11pm, I see 7/8 yr olds wandering the street going to the shop or the restaurant nearby or simply hanging around the 'hood' with friends like u see in the american ghettos. And perhaps because of that I too didn't care much about Sharlinie. I sympathise yes of course I do. But if you are a smart parent, will u allow your 5 yr old kid playing unattended at the park or go to pasar malam alone after a wide spread news on what happened to Nurin Jazlin? Will u make your 8 yr old child walk or cycle to the shop and buy you a pack of salt when u ran out? Given the community we are living in, I will never do that. My child's life is not cheap. I am not blessed with an ability to get myself pregnant once a year or twice a year like some ungrateful parents. U have kids u cherished them. Be responsible and provide love, attention, food, shelter, comfort, medical care, schoolings etc. Some parents make babies and expect the newborns to survive on their own in the rubbish bin or toilet bowl. I have a weak womb and I have difficulties in getting pregnant. Seeing irresponsible parents irked me greatly. And given the fact that men nowadays are prone to having sex with children and little boys nowadays, I will never leave my kids out of sight.

And u know what is funny? The funniest of all? After all the hype of missing children, there is still not a single online database for us Malaysians to actually see the missing children info profile, picture, parents info, the place they went missing, the felon caught and proven guilty's profile etc. There is an online database but those are for the States and CAnada. We are so backward la.. so much for multimedia supercorridor.